Monday, July 23, 2012

Product Review: Jane Carter Solution


Last week, Ms. Jane Carter of J.C.S sent me her "natural & curly hair care essential kit" to try out on my transitioning hair. First, let me start off by saying when I took my sew-in out in mid June, I thought that the 100% vegan moisturizing shampoo and conditioner that I had been using on my virgin Cambodian hair would suffice for my natural curly/coily hair. Big mistake! My hair was so dry, hard and brittle looking (not a good look at all.) So I was excited when Jane sent me these products because I've heard so many good things about them.



The Review....

Hydrating Invigorating Shampoo: This shampoo (a sulfate free gentle cleanser) left my hair feeling so soft and moisturized that I almost thought I still had the oil moisturizer left in my hair from the previous day because when I ran my hands through my hair, I could definitely feel the moisture penetrated in!

Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner: since my hair was lacking moisture, I did a deep conditioning with this conditioner. I sectioned my hair off and when I went to de-tangle my hair, the comb glided through my hair so effortlessly than before. I could feel and see the results instantly (the shampoo and conditioner works hand in hand.)

Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner: I followed up with this leave in for added moisture and I like the fact that I can use this product daily for the life of my style to re-hydrate my hair if it starts looking dry (which it hasn't as of yet!)

Wrap & Roll: Since I was doing a flat twist out on my hair, I used this mousse and it definitely defined my curls, moisturized and it dried clean which is great because mousses that I've used in the past were alcohol based and left my hair crunchy with flakes.

Curl Defining Cream: I used this product after I applied the mousse when I started doing the flat twists. It is very lightweight and didn't weigh my hair down. Although I don't know if it entirely eliminated my curl shrinkage, (which is something I have a problem with ) it may just be that I need to train my hair to do exactly what I want so I won't eliminate this product yet.

Nourish & Shine: The next morning when I was undoing my flat twist, I used this product for added shine. I can say that I don't like the smell of it BUT it does live up to it's expectations. I've only used it once and my hair still has that healthy shine and it gets bonus points because you can use it for your body as well.

Overall rating: A

I'm very satisfied with the results of this kit because it doesn't take a lot of product for it to do its job and that's a good thing because I absolutely hate product build up and having to use something every single day for it to work. Jane Carter Solution is definitely a product that I will continue to use.

Check out their amazing line of products at www.janecartersolution.com 

After using JCS, hair is left shiny and healthy







No comments:

Post a Comment