Monday, July 16, 2012

Flat iron & Style: NO relaxer, just good products!!

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT a professional hairstylist!! I only know what works best for MY HAIR and I’m just sharing tips :-)


Yesterday, I got my ends trimmed and decided to wear my hair straight (the last time I wore it straight was in early June.) I didn’t trim my ends lol but I did flat iron and style my hair.

To achieve this look, I parted my hair on the side and sectioned my hair off and when I applied the flat iron, I used a fine tooth comb to guide the iron down my hair because since i’m natural, I wanted to make sure that I got it as straight as possible. As I was flat ironing, I made sure to bump my ends so that my hair was full of body and bounce and I feathered and added a flip to the right side.

At night I pin curl my hair and tie it with a silk scarf so that it lasts for at least a week.



To achieve this look with my particular type of natural curly hair, I used these products….


About the products: I used CHI’s “Silk Infusion” when I blow dried my hair as a heat protectant and it works AMAZINGLY!! I especially like it because it’s alcohol free and contains pure silk, wheat and soy products (great for Natural Chica’s.)

When styling with my CHI flat iron, I used CHI’s “Iron Guard” (using Spritz is a big NO-NO) because it is a thermal styling protectant and prevents heat damage and dryness (a MUST for natural hair.) Since i’m managing 2 different hair textures because of transitioning, I also used Dr. Miracle’s “Intensive Spot Serum” because it helps to conditions, strengthens and moisturizes my weakening relaxed ends.

Lastly, after I finished flat ironing and styling, I used Loreal Homme Definition Wax to lay my edges down and the Biosilk “Silk Therapy” as a shine serum because it is a reconstructing treatment, bonds/strenthens the hair inside and out and is a lightweight shine formula.

SideNote: I really love CHI products and the fact that I’m currently touring with them for their hair show is Sureal!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment